The project is supported by The Human Safety Net, a global network of NGOs working to support vulnerable families with young children and refugees.
Its main goal is to introduce For Our Children Foundation’s holistic approach to early childhood development in 9 new municipalities in Sofia and Plovdiv districts – Maritsa, Kuklen, Stamboliyski, Asenovgrad, Perushchitsa, Sadovo, Rodopi, Elin Pelin and Kostinbrod.
The activities are in three areas:
1. Work with children. Therapy and rehabilitation – medical rehabilitation, early childhood intervention, socialization activities and art and music therapy.
2. Work with families.
– Individual consultations for early childhood development, access to health, social and educational services.
– Family therapy, psychological support
– Parenting skills training
– Advocacy activities for cross-sector collaboration
– Community outreach to promote a holistic approach to early childhood development.
3. Activities for health, education and social care professionals.
– Facilitating the multidisciplinary child assessment process
– Trainings on working with children with special needs and vulnerable families
– Self-help and reflection groups.
With the implementation of the project, the Foundation will be able to scale up its work to support families and young children. It will also increase the impact of advocacy activities by involving more representatives of institutions and organisations relevant to early childhood, and presenting good practice to experts from other countries.
Become a donor and create
for children of BulgariaDonate now * Become individual or corporate donor. You can support us with a one-time donation or monthly donations.